Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter/Spring Break

On Easter Saturday we went to Rotary Park in American Fork for the big Easter Hunt and games. It looked like it would have been a lot of fun, if it hadn't been so dang COLD! It started drizzling while we were waiting for the hunt to start, so Jeff ran home to get us all our winter coats. As you can see from this picture, poor Brianna was freezing.
Waiting for the Easter egg hunt to start.
Despite the cold, there were SO many kids! Brianna was nervous, so I told her to stay close to the corner where we were waiting and I would watch her. The parents were not supposed to go in with the kids because I guess some parents can get pretty aggressive... Of course, it only took about one minute before they all started going in anyway, so I couldn't keep track of Tyler and Brianna. It took just a few seconds of her being out of my sight before I found her running around in circles, crying because she couldn't find me. Poor girl. You probably can't see it in this picture, but this is after the hunt and she has a big crocodile tear still under her eye.

Jeff took Ethan over to the 3 and Under Easter hunt. While they were waiting, he spotted out the perfect spot to take Ethan. It was protected by a big tree, and there were piles of goodies there. So while all the little kids were running around pell-mell, Ethan just plopped down there by the tree and slowly and deliberately picked up the treats one by one and put them in his basket.
Of course we had to color Easter Eggs. We've usually been out of town for Easter, so it was fun to have our very own Easter at our house and try out our own traditions.


It seems like everyone in the Utah valley has been posting about the snow, and I'm going to also. It's just so amazing! I was pretty bummed when I saw it snowing the first day during Spring Break, but once I reconciled myself to it, I decided to take the kids out and take advantage of what I thought would be the last snow of Spring.
This was the easiest snowman I've ever made; the snow packed so quickly I only had to roll the balls around a few times before they were big enough.

So I mentioned I thought that would be the last snow of the Spring; well, when I woke up the next day, this is what our backyard looked like:
What?! So crazy, but so beautiful!

You know those tractors we were watching dig up the road a few days ago? Well, this time we got to watch them do a different job: plow the foot of snow off the road!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kind of experience is exactly why we decided pretty quickly that public Easter egg hunts were not worthwhile. The aggressive and greedy kids always crowd the polite ones out, and even though they say no parents are allowed in with the kids, it always turns into a parent free-for-all, too. There's no way something like that can turn out well. :)

Pretty crazy snow there. We didn't have anything quite like that, but there were a couple of days where all 4 seasons blew through at once. We had sun, rain, snow, hail, and sun again all at once one day. But this weekend has been beautiful...I'm almost starting to think Spring is here to stay.

Until it snows again, at least.

Jeff and Rebecca said...

By the time Spring comes to stay, Summer will be right on its tail.

FischerFamily said...

Your kids are ever so cute!