Unfortunately, the school could only send 3 out of the 4 teams to the district competition, so we had an early play-off to determine which ones would go. We had 3 weeks of frenzied studying before it was time.
You can tell in this picture how nervous these poor kids felt, none of them gave a real smile. But by the second round they loosened up a bit and seemed to be enjoying it more. They won one out of three rounds, but ended up with the lowest score, so didn't get to be one of the teams to go on. I must say I felt a bit relieved I didn't have to worry about it anymore. :) The kids were disappointed, but on the way home Tyler said, "Even thought we lost, I still feel pretty good about myself," and, "At least I have a real certificate to hang on my wall!" Cute boy. It was a good experience for both of us. History was definitely not my or Tyler's strong point, but next year is Science, which interests Tyler... so who knows, I may just be fool enough to try it again next year!
3 comments:
what a great mom you are. he will always remember that experience. by the way, brianna looks just like you. your kids are beautiful.
That is so much fun! Tyler is the smartest kid I know and I'm sure he'll take it next year. :)
I am so inpressed with both you and Tyler. It takes both an amazing Mom and willing boy to do that kind of thing. Awsome
Post a Comment