We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was hosted at my house this year, which was slightly overwhelming, but not too bad because my Mom did most of the preparation. :) It was my sister-in-law's birthday, and she requested that we run a 5K that morning. Well, some of us (me, to name one) are not in the best of shape, so we turned it into a "fun" run around the neighborhood, so those of us who wanted to stop earlier could. It was pretty fun, actually, and I have a feeling it might turn into a tradition with my family. We finished our delicious dinner up with some pie and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans --have you ever tried them? I didn't have the guts to, but some did and it was hilarious to watch their reactions to some of the nasty ones! (Thanks for the fun, Dallen and Malinda!) Some of us then went out to the park behind our house to play ball and frisbee, and then we ended the evening by ushering in the Christmas season with some Christmas carols.
We have a tradition of having Pie Night, either the day before or after Thanksgiving, in which we play games and eat as much pie as we want, because we're usually too full to really enjoy it on Thanksgiving. That was super fun also. It was so great to be all together again--my brother and his family made the long trip down from Washington, and all the cousins had so much fun together. It's hard to choose which pictures really show the great time we had, so I'll just put one of my daughter and her cute cousins she had so much fun with. :)
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
For the fun, you're welcome. :) Thanks for hosting.
The jelly beans were actually called Bean-Boozlers, by Jelly Belly. It was the "booze" part that snared me at first, I have to admit. I thought they might be booze-flavored jelly beans, so I had to pick up a box to see.
But as it turned out, they were more like Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans (from Harry Potter, in case you've been hiding under a rock for the last 10 years and didn't know). :) Malinda actually bought me some a couple of years back -- Jelly Belly produced them and named them and packaged them just like they would have been done in the books, and there were regular fruit flavors along with things like earwax, boogers, vomit, etc.
So when I saw that's what these were, I HAD to get them. :) All the flavors were right on...as far as I could tell. I don't make a habit of eating things like earwax, boogers, or skunk scent. (Moldy cheese, maybe...but that's all I'm admitting to.)
Unfortunately, I got a rotten egg flavored one. I just about blew chunks. Which reminds me, they have a dead-on vomit flavored bean -- exactly like throwing up in your mouth a little. Still, I'd rather eat a whole box of those than one of the rotten egg flavored ones. That was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted.
It was fun at the time, but no more messing around with the Every Flavor Beans for me...for a while, anyway. :)
I like that pie later thing. Are you guys in PG yet?
Post a Comment