Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I have a 7-year-old!

Tyler turned 7 years old on the 15th! I can't believe he's that old already. Although everyone in his class, according to him, was surprised he was turning 7 and not 8 like everyone else. :). We started the morning out with the tradition of a candle in his breakfast. I was ambitious and made blueberry muffins for him instead of a bowl of cold cereal.

I am not ashamed to say I was proud of this cake. :)
Super easy, looked cool, and Tyler loved it!

Grandma Rose knew exactly what Tyler would like: money!
Seven dollars: one for every year.

Here's all his loot.

The next day Grandma Lindsay came with another surprise!
Tyler had to go through each tissue paper to find 21 things--and guess what they were?
Dollar bills, of course!
I must say, Grandmas do know their stuff.

As you can imagine, it made quite the mess afterward!
The kids had fun throwing the paper all over the room.

Tyler had a good birthday, and now he can't wait for me to take him to the store.
His money is burning a hole in his pocket. :)

1 comment:

Ines said...

I have found that cash truly is the best gift for these kids. The hard thing is to hold your tongue, when you take them shopping and they want to buy something with THEIR money that you don't approve of. Hope he'll be "wise"! Happy Birthday!